Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The soul is healed by being with children.

I've always dreaded Wednesdays...(Thursdays, Fridays, Mondays and Tuesdays too!) But lately I've come to realize that I make it through the entire week solely for Wednesday nights. Since September I've been a leader in a small Awana club. This is my first year in the club so I always feel a little lost and out of place. But lately, it's just working out. I'd had the same five kids since we started in September, and a few weeks ago I was informed that we switched kids once a year. No one told me this when I signed on to do this! I loved my kids! I was used to them, they were comfortable with me, and they listened! How could they do this to me? I was stressed. Well, I got four new kids and kept one of my old ones. They're turning out to be just as fabulous as my first five. It amazes me how intelligent these fourth and fifth graders can be. They're so polite and considerate of one another, and of me. They are so care-free.
I love wednsedays and the fact that every day is one day closer to it.

1 comment: